Need help with Chlorine amounts for Well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Daniel R Christiansen, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Daniel R Christiansen

Daniel R Christiansen New Member

Just moved into our new house not long ago and we have a well system. We have a chlorine tank that is 35 gallons and also a salt tank which is the softener.

So my question is how much chlorine do I add to the 35 gallon tank? I know it wont be exact just looking for ball park until I can have someone out to test the water,

Thanks,
    Danny

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Say more about your system. When does the bleach get injected? When water is used or when the pump runs?

You will want to be able to measure residual chlorine. If you have no carbon tank, before the softener, to remove chlorine, you will need to be more careful. Keep the amount of chlorine that make it into the house under 4 ppm. For low range testing consider, LAMOTTE 2963LR-G .25 ppm to 10 ppm chlorine. A pool store may have a kit.

There are different bleaches. You want one with no, or minimal additives. I might start with 1 or two bottles from Aldi, and top up with soft water.

There are different strengths. That from a grocery store will be weaker than one from a pool supply store.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement