Need Help On Removing Watts Water Pressure Regulator Seat/Stem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ktt, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ktt

ktt New Member

Hello,

I have a Watts LFN45B 1 1/4 water pressure regulator that is not responding to either the increase or decrease pressure adjustments. The pressure consistently stay at the same level of about 40 PSI which is a little low for me. I bought the Watts Rebuild Kit and am having problem to take out the existing seat/stem from the regulator housing body. I tried to "grasp the stem nut with fingers or pliers and lift module from body", according to the instruction that comes with the kit, with no success. The seat/stem module won't budge. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ktt

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Did you try a good locking pliers to grab the nut?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Some of those can be a real PITA! If you take it out of line you should be able to stick a screwdriver in the outlet end and pry up on the cartridge. Or you can take off the nut, pry out the washers and diaphragm, put the nut back on, and try pulling again. Sometimes the diaphragm is sticking in the threads on the side.

Reach4 likes this.