Need Help On Removing Watts Water Pressure Regulator Seat/Stem

Users who are viewing this thread

ktt

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Watts LFN45B 1 1/4 water pressure regulator that is not responding to either the increase or decrease pressure adjustments. The pressure consistently stay at the same level of about 40 PSI which is a little low for me. I bought the Watts Rebuild Kit and am having problem to take out the existing seat/stem from the regulator housing body. I tried to "grasp the stem nut with fingers or pliers and lift module from body", according to the instruction that comes with the kit, with no success. The seat/stem module won't budge. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ktt

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6092.jpg
    IMG_6092.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 167

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you try a good locking pliers to grab the nut?

milwaukee-locking-pliers-2.jpg

channel-lock-pliers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Some of those can be a real PITA! If you take it out of line you should be able to stick a screwdriver in the outlet end and pry up on the cartridge. Or you can take off the nut, pry out the washers and diaphragm, put the nut back on, and try pulling again. Sometimes the diaphragm is sticking in the threads on the side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks