My Toto Drake is making noise

Users who are viewing this thread

BSwanson

Reaction score
I installed my Drake in 2006 after researching the best toilets and finding this site. Thank you for your help. I have since put them in all of my rentals as well.

Now I hear a bearly audible leaking sound. I replaced the flapper, and cleaned the area where it flaps and it stopped for a little while, but it was not the fix.

Now I hear it again. I am on city water and they use a lot of clorine. Is it time to replace the rest of the inside? Change to the new tower I've been reading about?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes it's the fill valve that isn't quite shutting off.
To check on things.
Turn off the water. Does the sound go away immediately? It may be a leaking fill valve that doesn't quite close.
Is water leaving the tank, most likely the flapper. Though in rare cases there could be a crack in the overflow tube.

I'm using the Korky 3060 flapper lately.
Fill valves can be Korky or Fluidmaster.

Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks