My Toto Drake is making noise

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by BSwanson, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BSwanson

BSwanson New Member

I installed my Drake in 2006 after researching the best toilets and finding this site. Thank you for your help. I have since put them in all of my rentals as well.

Now I hear a bearly audible leaking sound. I replaced the flapper, and cleaned the area where it flaps and it stopped for a little while, but it was not the fix.

Now I hear it again. I am on city water and they use a lot of clorine. Is it time to replace the rest of the inside? Change to the new tower I've been reading about?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Sometimes it's the fill valve that isn't quite shutting off.
    To check on things.
    Turn off the water. Does the sound go away immediately? It may be a leaking fill valve that doesn't quite close.
    Is water leaving the tank, most likely the flapper. Though in rare cases there could be a crack in the overflow tube.

I'm using the Korky 3060 flapper lately.
    Fill valves can be Korky or Fluidmaster.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement