My bathtub faucet spout needs to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

iFixit

Reaction score
I would like to save money by doing this myself. has anyone done this job before? I found a tutorial. Would you recommend following this or have another recommendation?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
What do you have sticking out from the wall? Remove your current tub spout and take a picture.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
He has a lot of video's of all kinds of work. Not skilled at all. like maybe he's a first time learner. He does have a lot of views though.
I would not want my apprentice to do it that way though.

In the video, he has the pipe wrench turned the wrong way. He's tossing the spout, so the damage isn't an issue.
When I wrap threads, it's three turns.
I don't tighten the pipe to the wall first. I often want to have both sides of the nipple to work with. When one side is tight to start with, it's less options as far as the final tightening to align the spout at the end.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks