Moving wall, drain at front of cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

clix

Reaction score
I'm moving a wall that was formerly the wall against which a bathroom double vanity was installed. I'm reclaiming 24 inches from the bathroom and going to install a bar sink in essentially the same spot as where the bathroom sinks were located but because the wall has moved and the bar sink will be located on the opposite side from where one would have used the bathroom vanity, I need to cut back from the current drain location to get back to where the new wall will be located (the vertical portion of the drain pipe will be at the front of the cabinet supporting the bar sink). I was thinking that running back to the new wall and then doing a 180 to get to the drain is not the right way to do this but wasn't sure what the correct way to handle is. Would running from the drain direct to the sink drain and then running a parallel length of pipe (above where the sink drain would meet the vertical portion of the drain pipe) back to the new wall to catch the current vent be acceptable? If so, should the angle of the line between the portion of the drain pipe that is in the concrete and the sink be at less than 45 degree angle until it hits the vertical portion of the drain pipe? Thanks again for all the help, I've attached an image that shows how I'm thinking this would work but open to any suggestions.

fVK4yT2.png

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Your first sentence was pretty comprehensible. You might work on #2 and #3 .

clix

Reaction score
Your first sentence was pretty comprehensible. You might work on #2 and #3 .

OK, so ignore those. Is there anything wrong with running the drain pipe and the vent pipe like I propose in the drawing?

Reach4

Reaction score
img_2.jpg
OK, so ignore those. Is there anything wrong with running the drain pipe and the vent pipe like I propose in the drawing?
This one keeps the vent from going horizontally. Red is sanitary tee. Bottom left green elbow is long sweep (down vertical to horizontal). Transition from horizontal down to vertical can be medium 90.

clix

Reaction score
That does look like a more simple configuration. Curious if others think having a horizontal, vertical, horizontal path for the drain pipe is better (or at least acceptable) compared to the other alternative. Also, that looks like it would be doing a 180 degree change in direction, which I thought was something I should try to avoid? Is a 180 direction change not an issue for a bar sink and/or did I just make that up?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
If there were a concern about too many turns, a cleanout above or below the sanitary tee would solve that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks