Moentrol temperature adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris989

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been searching and can not find the answer.

I have moentrol 3570 valves in a new build, both hot and cold work and the pressure is fine but i feel like the valve is blending in cold water. I never get the same hot water as my faucets and when filling a large tub, the water is always just warm.

Where/how is the adjustment made to increase the hot water temp,, or can i remove the piston for anti scold all together.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The anti-scald functionality has nothing to do with the maximum temperature you can achieve.

If you have the installation instructions, or download them, it shows you how to adjust the hot limit. Note, you might need or want to do this again in the summer if you're worried about it getting too hot as while in the winter, the cold is colder and you need less of it, there may not be enough cold at full extension in the summer after it warms up to keep it from getting too hot. If children use that shower, it's not a bad idea to readjust for the seasons. To avoid that hassle entirely, I prefer a thermostatically controlled valve that does it automatically for you.

This is probably the same as yours, but most of them are similar... https://www.hunker.com/12002379/how-to-adjust-the-temperature-on-a-moen-shower

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
posi-stem-stop-2.jpg

This one is a Moen Posi-Temp, but the Moentrol has the same thing on the stem behind the handle.
This one is set to limit the hot rotation from turning further left into blazing hot territory.

Chris989

Reaction score
mine do not have the plastic insert. On the metal sleeve the is an allen head bolt and a piece of metal to act as a stop. I get the full 90 degree turn to hot but it is no where near as hot as my faucet. I will remove the metal stop and test again, with the stop removed it will rotate past 90 but i never checked them temp,, it was just during the install.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The valve can (usually) turn more than 90-degrees. The stop mechanism should allow that to happen when adjusted properly. You don't want to remove it entirely - things should be adjustable. There's likely a cam in there. ON the picture shown, it's plastic, but may not be on all valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks