Moen Hand Shower with Slide Bar not flush with tile - Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmtrunner

Health care analyst.
Reaction score
I am upgrading my bathrooms to the MOEN Eva line. The guest bath had a Moen Eva line Four-function hand held shower head with slide bar installed. The plumber did not install a shorter pipe attachment (is it called a nipple?) and the mount is not flush with the wall

picture.php

I am not a professional plumber but it seems to me to the correct installation would require a change in the pipe length and the connection should be flush to keep out water. Am I asking to much of my plumber to do this?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the plumber installed the rough-ins AND was told the finished wall thickness (AND it is where he was told it would be), he messed up. There may not be a shorter nipple available and the only way to fix it is either with a (potentially available) trim piece from the manufacturer, or to move the fitting in the wall. If you have access from another room into the wall, that may be possible.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
New piece.

You should be able to remove that nipple with out damaging the other side of the wall. Once removed clean out a little grout so the new piece will go in and not be touching the grout.

Unscrew the fixture and the brass nipple will either stay in the wall or come out with the fixture.

Find a shorter nipple or have one made and re install.

Good Luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
attachment

Assuming that he did not use the shortest nipple made, and that there is actually a nipple, not just a male elbow or adapter, behind it, then it can be relocated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks