Shower valve help for wall and rainfall showerheads

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster... ;)

I'm redoing my master bath. I need help finding the right valve for my shower, which will measure ~ 6'x5'.

I am NOT a plumber. (I had my GC decades ago, but went in a different direction. I know which way to hold a hammer, but am a newb on true plumbing.)

The shower will have a wall-mounted shower head with an associated hand-held wand. I also will install a rainfall head.

I want BOTH wall- and rain- shower heads to be able to run simultaneously or separately. I have 1" pex feeding into the bathroom. I'm planning on using 3/4" copper from that 1" pex to feed the valve body/bodies. I would like a thermostatically controlled valve, so that temperature is separate from flow. I'd also like to have full flow be sufficient to drive me across the shower. ;)

If both wall- and rain- showerheads are fed from the same valve body, the total flow will be limited by the valve. FWIW, my 1" pex runs at 65psi.

Should I use two separate valves, one for the wall-mounted head/wand, and one for the rainfall? Or will one valve work, and not limit the flow?

What are good brands/models to look at?

Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks