Mixet, Frozen Shower Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

PWCExtreme

Reaction score
Hello,
My shower single lever has been frozen for a couple years now, actually its been real stiff but with some persuating I could adjust it but now it wont move at all! Its time I fix it! :D
It does not leak but it is just stuck. The plate cover says SA, that's the only ID I could find. Anyone know a site with Pictures that can help me get this done. I don't even understand how to get the handle off, I unscrewed the screws but I couldn't get anything to come off, even with some brut force but before I broke anything I thought I would get some help from you kind people. I am real handy so if someone told me what to do/expect I could probly do it. We men love pictures, huh! No I actually I need to understand what i am looking at.
Thank you in advance,
Chris

Attachments

• DSC01344.jpg
    DSC01344.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC01341.jpg
    DSC01341.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 765

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That is a Mixet valve and it needs to come apart and have some internal parts replaced...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vaalve

1. It is a Mixet valve.
2. That handle will not work with the new stem you will install, so just bend it sideways and snap it off.
3. Get a new handle and temperature adjusting lever, they are cheap, along with your new stem.
4. Before you get the new stem remove that trim plate to see if you have the old long one, (very possible with that handle), or the more common short one.
5. If your temperature handle does not spin in a complete circle you have a "half moon" shaped lock in a slot in the threads on the right side. It must be removed or you will break the faucet, or won't be able to get the stem out, depending on how forceful you are.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I am posting a picture of the two handle pullers I own for anyone else that has a stuck handle. The first one works like a dent puller The second one works more like a pulley puller. Both have their advantages.

Attachments

• HandlePuller2.jpg
    HandlePuller2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 819
  • faucet_handle_puller.jpg
    faucet_handle_puller.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 556
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks