Easy Tub to Shower Conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a home, but I wanted to get an idea of how much it would cost to convert the bath tub before I proceed.

The house has a 1950s era bathroom that has a tub only. I wanted to do an easy conversion to a shower (that doesn't involve breaking into the wall) until I have enough money to renovate the entire bathroom. I have seen products that is a new faucet with a diverter with a wall mount. This would be perfect (and I think I would be able to handle this project) however, this bathtub has a shelf that the fixtures come out of. The shelf protrudes from the wall too far that I would not be able to mount the pipe flush to the wall. Also, the wall is tiled all the way to the ceiling.

I have attached some pictures.

If this is going to be a costly or time consuming project, I'm going to pass on this house. Because the shower situation would need solved before I moved in.

Any advice??? Help!

sajesak

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a home, but I wanted to get an idea of how much it would cost to convert the bath tub before I proceed.

The house has a 1950s era bathroom that has a tub only. I wanted to do an easy conversion to a shower (that doesn't involve breaking into the wall) until I have enough money to renovate the entire bathroom. I have seen products that is a new faucet with a diverter with a wall mount. This would be perfect (and I think I would be able to handle this project) however, this bathtub has a shelf that the fixtures come out of. The shelf protrudes from the wall too far that I would not be able to mount the pipe flush to the wall. Also, the wall is tiled all the way to the ceiling.

I have attached some pictures.

If this is going to be a costly or time consuming project of easy entry tub cut, I'm going to pass on this house. Because the shower situation would need solved before I moved in.

Any advice??? Help!
thanks in advance for any help

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id love to help but its too much time, there are no pictures, you could be where plumbers charge 100 an hour or 400 an hour.
Its all part of a normal sale to have inspections, bring a contractor in get a bid ? its simple

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think what you're asking for is a replacement tub spout that has a shower hose attachement.

This is one example HERE

I would be concerned that the shower surface wasn't designed to be water proof for a shower.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I thoiught he was removing a bath tub . but i think you got it right Tuttles ! maybe some FRP on the walls to bring it in on budget .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks