low flush toilet in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

King3244

Reaction score
hello everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

I am getting ready to install a low flush toilet in our basement bathroom and some guy told my wife that it is not a good idea to do that because.........well he never really said.

I have two toilets upstairs one low flush and one regular and we are on septic which is one of the reasons I want to convert over to low flush.

Thanks, King

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Advice is plentiful.

I've sold plenty of toilets for septics that are 1.6 and also the dual flush 1.6/0.8 which use even less water.
I'm running 250 plus feet out to the main line now. I don't see a problem.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Since 1992, it has been illegal to sell a "regular" toilet, so I don't know what the guy was suggesting. You s are going to have a low-flush. Period.

Now, as Terry mentioned, there are good ones and not-so-good ones, so do your research. Excellent info available on Terry's website.

King3244

Reaction score
Even on Christmas day I get the answers! :D

Thanks guys and I will definately check out and get one of the recommended toilets. I didn't buy what this guy was saying but you know wives.........some schmoo walkin around in the store knows more than good old hubby. :rolleyes:

King

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks