Looking to improve well water - need pros help or suggestions please

Users who are viewing this thread

CamaroRacer099

Reaction score
With a little one now in the house I am looking to make sure my water is safe and add filtering where it makes sense. From what I have gathered on these forums I figure I may need a BB 20" 5 micron sediment filter + 32k Water softener + 1.5cu PH Neutralizer and RO under the sink for drinking water per my water test results below?

House requirement = 8 GPM Max
Well pump produces = 12 GPM

Water Test Results -

*ND = Not Detected*

Aluminum ND mg/L
Arsenic ND mg/L
Barium ND mg/L
Cadmium ND mg/L
Calcium 47.9 mg/L
Chromium ND mg/L
Copper 0.098 mg/L
Iron ND mg/L
Lead 0.016 mg/L
Lithium 0.001 mg/L
Magnesium 7.78 mg/L
Manganese 0.005 mg/L
Mercury ND mg/L
Nickel ND mg/L
Potassium 2.0 mg/L
Selenium ND mg/L
Silica 11.2 mg/L
Silver ND mg/L
Sodium 23 mg/L
Strontium 0.126 mg/L
Uranium ND mg/L
Zinc 0.084 mg/L

Alkalinity (Total as CaCO3) 56 mg/L
Hardness 150 mg/L
pH 5.8
Total Dissolved Solids 220 mg/L
Turbidity ND

Bromide ND mg/L
Chloride 74.0 mg/L
Fluoride ND mg/L
Nitrate as N 7.1 mg/L
Nitrite as N ND mg/L
Ortho Phosphate ND mg/L
Sulfate 13.0 mg/L

Atomic1

Reaction score
Ha, you're not far from me, and I'm just going through this now. Your lead results are concerning, and good call on getting a RO system for drinking.

I dont see results for coliform or ecoli. Make sure you're good there or else you'll have to come back and also install a UV (or equal) system.

It may be difficult going straight to a 5ue system. I think most go with a 20ue before the 5ue otherwise you'll be fighting with filter changes. I'm getting mine installed tomorrow coincidentally.

CamaroRacer099

Reaction score
So (2) BB's one with 20ue and another with 5ue would be no problem, for the lead wont the RO remove this ? I also may just install a UV system to be safe, been looking at the Trojan D4 Max .. im assuming its a good UV system ?

SuperGreg

Reaction score
How much sediment and how fine is it? I have quite a bit in my well, and the system that was in place when I moved in was a nightmare to maintain (Harmsco 7 element filter and a Big Blue, both filled with mud quickly). There is an ultrafilter to catch any final fine silt. I put a new system in place with backflushing filters and found that almost all of the cloudiness is gone after the first filter (PH neutralizer).

With your acidic water, I'm assuming once you have the neutralizer in place your lead levels will come down. My copper and lead both are undetectable with the new system in place.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Add a Hydra to the fron, maybe consider a 2 stage Atlas Filri DP-Big series filter system ahead of everything that way you can do a 2 stage filter system, say a 25 micron, the a 5 micron. A larger calcite system would be recommended, you can always put less calcit into a larger tank if it over corrects, you cant add more to the small 10x54. You can try blending corosex into the calcite... this becomes a difficult game sometimes of chasing the pH.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks