Looking for feedback on the laundry room drain system -link to drawings

Users who are viewing this thread

ZippityDooDah

Reaction score
Thanks you taking the time to read this. I am in the Puget Sound area of Wa State and my municipality follows the 2015 UPC.

I am in the process of replacing the system that drains the kitchen and laundry room and looking for feedback on the details of the laundry room. It is crudely drawn and not to scale - mostly looking to see if the fittings are correct, or if anyone sees any other glaring issues.

The picture with blue pipes was my original ideas and gives a better overview.
The picture with red pipes is my latest plan and has more details of laundry room setup.

Edited to add an additional question: the pvc pipe that gets fed through the foundation hole runs for about 3 feet before it joins the clay. What is the correct method to fill in the rest of the foundation hole around the pipe?

5C4ADD35-6E1B-46D8-8797-20F0949C28FB.jpeg
255A17A5-7121-4E1B-BC5F-56368520369E.jpeg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The red drawing is very close.
The blue drawing is wrong.

Red drawing:
Two vents for the laundry tray and washer combine and go up to the second floor, Yes
The double wye for the tray and washer can be used, or a double santee cross. The double wye is nice though.
In Seattle, the fittings on their back for venting are wyes or combos, not santees.
The dishwasher needs either a high loop on the drain or an air gap on the counter.

sink_dw.jpg

The air gap prevents the sludge from the kitchen sink from draining back down to the dishwasher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks