Not sure which pipe to add a a San-t to for a laundry room sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Stos

Reaction score
I recently opened up the wall in my laundry room to rough in pipes for a laundry sink. I’m thinking of tying into the pipe to the right shown in the attached picture. Thing is, I think this is a vent pipe that runs to the second floor… but not sure.

I think if I tie into the laundry room vent (left pipe), this would cause a venting problem for the washer machine correct? Note: the washer machine drain pipe can be seen at the far bottom left with a San-t going into the laundry room vent pipe. Also all pipes visible in the photos are 2” as they should be.

Anyway, just wondering which one of the two I should tie into.

Also sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m new to forums and have zero experience posting anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 377F7320-183C-451E-9762-2EAF137D7A86.jpeg
    377F7320-183C-451E-9762-2EAF137D7A86.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 06FC1580-A14F-4126-83F3-E81A60BD27A1.jpeg
    06FC1580-A14F-4126-83F3-E81A60BD27A1.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 119

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
For some reasons, a few posts do not show up for months. There is a solution to this if you have not yet made the connection. You add three sanitees, one for the sink, with the other two, one above and one below the sink sani-tee. It is a by pass for when the washing machine drains it will pull air from the vent. The top sanitee should be upside down to allow and drains if water bet into the vent pipe from the roof vent. Terry Love has posted a picture for this many times on his posts. Here is one of them.

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can tie a laundry sink into a laundry standpipe. That eliminates the need for a trap and vent. It's that not possible for you? The two pipes you have pictured ate not ideal to tie into, but you could tie the drain intimate the pipe on the right and the vent into the laundry vent (aav). This is harder than just using the standpipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks