Washing Machine drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by RasJ, Mar 16, 2021.

1. RasJ

RasJ New Member

I am currently turning the part of my garage where the washer/dryer is into a laundry room, which includes adding a utility sink. So after much internet researching, especially this site, and brain racking I came up with the following in the pictures below. I have 2 questions: 1. Did I do this correctly? I know I shouldnt have put the sink drain on the bottom but I didnt want to cut the cast iron pipe (or should i have just cut it down?) and 2. The P-trap for the washer sticks out of the wall a little... can i use a 22 degree elbow past the P-trap to angle it back in and get the standpipe behind the waterlines?
    Thanks in Advance.

Attached Files:

2. PlumbNuts

PlumbNuts SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor

Owner, Plumbing Repair Service
    I cannot enlarge the picture to get a closer look; is that a pressure 90 that you have for your sink stub out? It looks to be a very sharp bend.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Other than the elbow for the sink, it's good. A long sweep elbow must be used. A street elbow can be used. The 90 you have is ok for venting or for water supply such as irrigation.

Attached Files:

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired

Attached Files:

6. RasJ

RasJ New Member

I tried to enlarge photos and attach them here. Yes that is a pressure 90 for the sink stub out... is that a problem?

Attached Files:

7. RasJ

RasJ New Member

Ok thank you. What about the washing machine drain past the P-trap and notch in stud... can i cut the pipe there and add a 22 degree elbow to angle it towards the exterior to try and get the stand pipe behind the water lines?

8. PlumbNuts

PlumbNuts SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor

Owner, Plumbing Repair Service
    It appears from the picture that if you would have swung the trap to the back side of the water line it would have fit. If that were the case then just a couple of 45's on your standpipe would get you under the box.