Long Island Medium

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
There is a new tv show about a medium. A blonde medium. :) Just wondering if anyone believes in this stuff?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There do seem to be people that believe they can talk to dead people. I know at least one that does.
Not everybody feels that way, but then not everybody can plumb either. If I don't know how to perform heart surgery, I don't worry about it. I do other things.

Could someone "prove" any of this to a skeptic? I don't believe you can prove anything to anyone if their mind is made up.
If someone would have asked me this when I was younger, I would have had a different perspective on it.

But consider this, most people in construction can witch for pipes and find them, and yet the oldest plumber posting here who is hj can't do it. I find that very strange too. But that fact that hj can't figure out witching doesn't mean that others can't do it.

Cookie

Reaction score
I can't remember the exact day, but, it was the week of my husband's death. It might had been a day or so afterwards, or wait, it might had been the next morning. I think it was. He used to go to the basement to smoke his cigerettes, even though, I told him, it was okay, he wouldn't smoke upstairs, but, still he tried to hide it from me. So, I would try to catch him, lol. I would wait by the kitchen door and listen... until, I heard him down there flicking his lighter, then, I would pop open the door and he would go running. It was a funny game, and we both laughed, cause, I would catch him.

I think, it was the next morning and I opened the kitchen door to go downstairs to the basement when, I saw a silhouette of him, running past the steps like he would do with that cigerette. But, this time, I stopped! and, took off down the steps, and saw that shadow, the silhouette, of my husband, vanish into thin air by the water heater. It was not my imagination. He was a very tall man, and very thin, and due to his height he was stooped over and developed a spine problem, which made his back very rounded. I saw that on the silhouette. I wonder why this happened. I never saw it again.

Maybe, I should drive up to the restaurant this woman goes to and ask her.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I was hoping you would reply! LOL. I don't know where exactly, she has a website though and she visits once a month a restaurant called, the Crossroads. Does that sound familiar?

After he died, I had to have a plumber come in, because the shut-off broke ( to the toilet) inside the wall, and even though, I never saw him again, the plumber did. He told me. He asked me and was so scared, he didn't finish he job, and left. He connected the pipe and left all other things hanging, and sent me a bill. I never said anything prior to him. I showed him the problem, he walked into the basement and asked me "what are you going for, a pool?" (before I could shut off the main) we laughed about it, and I walked upstairs. About 10 minutes later he came upstairs telling me about what he saw, wanted to know, who it was, and then, I told him, and he left. I don't think he would ever come back. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Everything at any major intorsection here is called "Crossroads"! No, I never heard of the Crossroads restaurant on Long Island, but when I google it, there is one in Hicksville, Mastic, Northport, and others. Never visited them. As far as believing in that stuff, I've had some experiences that keep me from being a doubter completely.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Everything at any major intorsection here is called "Crossroads"! No, I never heard of the Crossroads restaurant on Long Island, but when I google it, there is one in Hicksville, Mastic, Northport, and others. Never visited them. As far as believing in that stuff, I've had some experiences that keep me from being a doubter completely.

I think everyone believes, to some extent, in things that cannot be proven even if they won't admit it. One person's "hunch" or "inspiration" may be another person's "voice from beyond." And do we see things that exist or things that we feel or want to see? Is there a difference?

Cookie

Reaction score
True, true, but, I don't think that plumber wanted to see my husband that day, lol. He left so fast that day I will never forget. I actually, walked downstairs after he left, and said, " you think you are funny, eh?" The plumber said, "my tools were moving, and, then, I saw this silhouette."

He was outa there. I felt bad. He wasn't the nicest of people, but, still.

I found that one restaurant Bob on the net, but, before I make that long drive I got to make sure I am at the right one.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
True, true, but, I don't think that plumber wanted to see my husband that day, lol. He left so fast that day I will never forget. I actually, walked downstairs after he left, and said, " you think you are funny, eh?" The plumber said, "my tools were moving, and, then, I saw this silhouette."

He was outa there. I felt bad. He wasn't the nicest of people, but, still.

I found that one restaurant Bob on the net, but, before I make that long drive I got to make sure I am at the right one.
so where is it?

Cookie

Reaction score
I am not sure yet. I found the one on the net for Hicksville, but, it looks different than the one shown on tv. If she is legit in anything she says, then, she would be laughing while talking about this man. What a gift he had in making others laugh. Since the day we met, we had this unwritten thing between the 2 of us, it was to see, who could make the other laugh the hardest. That's why he moved this man's torch across the room, and under the table. Then, the plumber said, he was watching his other tools moving. Yeah, I can see him doing that. I know he was laughing while doing it, too. I told him, "how rude that was and to quit scaring away the help I need." Yeah, the plumber said, " I sat that torch down right next to me" and, " when I reached for it, there was nothing there", then he said, " I got up and started looking for it" LOL...

I felt bad.

Earlier he did this to me, too. This is if the woman, the medium can tell me what he was moving of mine, then, she real. No one knows but me.

I have smelled his aftershave, his cologne.

I only tipped 2 people really well in my lifetime, a crazy insane tip. One was a pizza man, and the other, that poor plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks