Locating underground PVC pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Peterl

Reaction score
Any trick to locate buried sprinkler pipe without digging everywhere?

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
I guess that depends on your soil and how deeply they are buried. Around here the soil is very loose and the PVC isn't buried very deep. I just use a very long thin screwdriver and a handful of flags starting from either end. I actually used this method to locate a missing valve set in my last house. There were two valve sets. One for the front yard and one for the back. The one in the back was hidden very well and buried about 6 inches deep over the years.

There are locating devices but from my experience they are cost prohibitive for a homeowner. Unless you can find one for rent somewhere.

Peterl

Reaction score
Yes it works. Your local utility department also uses this to locate lines.
How much effort would it take for you to copy this? Or does digging up your entire yard sound easier?

I rather copy your expertise because you haven't failed me yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks