Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Mustee 3060L Showertub

mustee-3060-showertub.jpg

Mustee makes a Showertub shower pan which can install where a tub was. Most shower pans have centered drains, but this end drain makes things easier when replacing a 30 x 60 tub.

mustee-3060-showertub-2.jpg

A little bit of mud set was needed here because the floor wasn't all that level.

mustee-42-317a-4.jpg

They take their own drains, just a little bigger than normal.
Mustee 42.317A shower drain

mustee-42-317a-compare.jpg

mustee-42-317a-1.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The original bathroom was only a half bath, but had plenty of room to have had a tub. Someone just forgot to plumb for it. The plumbing needed to be added for a shower.

mustee-3060-rough-1.jpg

The original plumbing for a half bath and other lines that went upstairs.
This is your standard toilet configuration into a santee with 2" vent.

mustee-3060-rough-2.jpg

The new shower gets wet vented over the toilet now, using the 2" toilet vent. Looks quite a bit different this way doesn't it?
This picture makes it look spacious down there. When I turned sideways the fiberglass covered heat duct was rubbing my shoulder. Am I getting too old for crawl spaces? I took a sawzall and enlarged the crawl space opening to get down there. It was about a 17" high space.

mustee-3060-rough-3.jpg

Quite a bit of open space behind the wall, and framed to miss the furnace chimney. Bracing needed to be added to stiffen the wall and have a place to hang the valve.

mustee-3060-rough-4.jpg

Moen Posi-Temp, hot wired, I mean PEX'ed over to the water heater nearby. It was nice having a water heater so close.

mustee-3060-showertub-3.jpg

And now the tile guy can show up and take out whatever wallboard he wants to prep it for tile. Maybe some more wood needs to be thrown down there too.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Maybe some more wood needs to be thrown down there too.
I see there is some special corner treatment (unsightly IMHO) and wonder if it was to compensate for movement cracking the grout? I screw/anchor the snot out of the corner studs so there is less chance of movement.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I also like to stagger the valve and shower arm a little so the hose doesn't hang directly in front of the valve. I like to put the valve a little closer to the door and the arm closer to the back wall.

mustee-3060-rough-4.jpg

How would you do that here?
Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks