Leaking drum trap on tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Old Seattle home with a leaking drum trap on the tub. It even had it's own access door in the stairwell behind the tub for access to the drum for cleaning. I was there to replace a water heater, and looked at this on the way out picking up tools.

tub-drum-trap-01.jpg

From the basement looking up at it. Way less access than you would think from here.

tub-drum-trap-02.jpg

From the access for with the cover off. See the little bit of tape there? I reached in there and pulled out some hair, and got all the tape I could find. The cover plate that threads on was not on right, no allowing the rubber seal to tough all the way around.

tub-drum-trap-03.jpg

From the looks of that, it's been on and off a bunch of times.

tub-drum-trap-04.jpg

I cleaned off the rubber seal real well, and scraped and sanded the mating surfaces. It was holding water. :)

west-seattle-view-01.jpg

Where we had lunch on a bench here before the water heater install and last minute tub drain fix.
Around to the right is where downtown Seattle is. The ferries travel back and forth in the distance there between Seattle and Bremerton.

queen-anne-view-02.jpg

The view from Queen Anne in Seattle for the TOTO Ultramax II install at the Victoria Condos.
An interesting view of the Space Needle. And just blocks away from where my grandmother lived in the 1800's.

queen-anne-view-01.jpg

Across the water is West Seattle, where the afternoon job was.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice Thanks for sharing the pictures you showed some others over the water before just beautiful! Some day I want to go North ( canceled an Alaska cruise in 2020 from Seattle)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Nice Thanks for sharing the pictures you showed some others over the water before just beautiful! Some day I want to go North ( canceled an Alaska cruise in 2020 from Seattle)

Thanks Jeff. By the way, my grandfather came from Riverside CA and went to Alaska during the Klondike gold rush there. Afterwards he moved to Seattle. There is a street in Riverside that still has his last name, Packard.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
How cool is that! pioneers . I was wondering when you said late 1800s if Gold brought them North

Martin Boring

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry We were out your way coming up seven years ago in June. Very pretty area. But the traffic WOW. We were in a rented motor home and drove 6,000 miles in three weeks. Saw a lot of country I have never seen. When I was a kid my one aunt and uncle lived in the Seattle area for years. My mom would fly out every year and see them. I never made it out there then. We did stop and see my one cousin that is still out there.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
and by the pictures Terry it never rains either . ha ha just kidding beautiful farthest north I been is medford OR , southern Idaho and Salt lake city. A lot of country yet to see for me

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks