Kohler Santa Rosa 1.6 K-3811 Question

Users who are viewing this thread

IntoTheDrink

Reaction score
There is quite a significant ledge of ceramic glaze at the top entrance to the trapway with a 1.5" area behind it that appears to be bare clay. Will the ledge or bare clay cause any performance issues?

We were a bit disappointed with Kohler's quality control. In addition to the trapway there are very sharp pieces of kiln wash stuck to the underside of the tank and there are bare areas along the rim of the tank lid.

Attachments

• santa-rosa-01.jpg
    santa-rosa-01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 143
  • santa-rosa-05.jpg
    santa-rosa-05.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 124
  • santa-rosa-03.jpg
    santa-rosa-03.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 140
  • santa-rosa-04.jpg
    santa-rosa-04.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Peterson

Reaction score
I'd return it. It has not been glazed appropriately. I'd order a Highline instead, even though it's two pieces. They just tend to flush better.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't think it will hinder performance. Not very symmetrical, but workable.
And often the areas on toilets in areas not readily seen are left unglazed. It varies, what can I say.
I did install a Santa Rosa for a friend and it worked very well.

bmdc_12.jpg

This one had a handle upgrade to match the faucet.

IntoTheDrink

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

The footprint of the Highline is a bit too large. Because of how our bathroom is arranged we have to stay with a compact elongated which limits our options. (We prefer standard height but there aren't many available). We are also in a rural area so anything we get has to be ordered. The other toilet that would fit in the space were AS Cadet 3 Compacts.

I've decided to have the Santa Rosa replaced but am uncertain at this point if I will risk receiving another of the same quality or try a Cadet 3 instead.

Peterson

Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but I would be tempted to try an AquaSource Henshaw toilet or Project Source Pro-Flush toilet (they are the same thing). They are under $100.00 at Lowes and THEY WORK. They also have a smaller footprint.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks