Kitchen Sink Drain Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

RonP

Reaction score
Hello. I am a DIY'er, and I am having trouble with my sink drain. I just can't get an entirely waterproof seal right after the P-trap. The white pipe slides into the black pipe a decent distance... I would say about two and a half inches, if not more. I have tightened the collar as tightly as I can, even using Channellocks to go even tighter than I could by hand (not a lot, but some). Still, there is a slight leak, 4 or 5 drops of water a day. So, I loosened everything to take the photos I am including.

As you can see from the photos, I noticed that the only component involved in the connection is the collar. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of tapered compression ring that squeezes around the white pipe when the collar is tightened? Or am I supposed to coat the white pipe with some type of sealant? Or is there something else I'm not doing right?

Thank you to those who take the time to reply.
20220716_161719 - Copy.jpg
20220716_161728 - Copy.jpg

RonP

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, Terry, and especially the photos. I will measure the exact diameter of the pipes, and go to my local hardware store.

P.S. Hello, neighbor, from Kent, WA!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks