Kitchen faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYer101

Reaction score
We're updating the kitchen, and this American Standard faucet leaks from the faucet when I turn on the hot water. I can't seem to find a set screw or anything to access the workings.

Background: I removed the sink to figure out how a new sink will fit and where to cut the counter. After re-connecting the water supply lines, the faucet leaks from up high (at counter level) when I turn on the hot water. No problems with the cold water turned on.

I just need this to survive another few weeks until a new sink/faucet go in. Any ideas on how to fix this so we can have hot water in the meantime, please?

faucet.JPG
IMG_5380.JPG

All Fug Duck

Reaction score
Did you make sure the spray head isn't leaking where it's attached to the hose? but if only the hot side is leaking that shouldn't be it. unless I'm seeing it wrong, you have the two supplies from the stops and one line going out from the cartridge where it's mixed. if water is leaking from large brass threaded tube, I'd say the head or hose.

Last edited:

DIYer101

Reaction score
Did you make sure the spray head isn't leaking where it's attached to the hose? but if only the hot side is leaking that shouldn't be it. unless I'm seeing it wrong, you have the two supplies from the stops and one line going out from the cartridge where it's mixed. if water is leaking from large brass threaded tube, I'd say the head or hose.
Thank you - yes it doesn't seem to be the spray head connection. But poking around, I finally figured out where the set screw is and pulled out the cartridge. I'll see if I can find a replacement or something. Not sure why some of the rubber gaskets came out but some of them stayed put, but I'll see what parts come with a replacement

Thank you!

IMG_5382.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks