Kingston Brass Tub valve help

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
This is a Kingston brass valve model KB36330PX. Getting ready to solder but I don’t know if I need to take beige piece out, nor do I want to try as I’m afraid I’ll break it. Seems to be a hard plastic. Also, the piece right by my thumb is what turns the ball valve I don’t see a way to remove it. I did remove what appeared to be a set screw on the side, but that didn’t do much. It’s not threaded, ball keeps spinning but spins smooth, makes me think there’s an o ring or grease I should be concerned about. Not sure if that needs to be removed either. Instructions are no help at all. Any help appreciated. Thanks

32F915FA-AC07-4066-9AC1-DD7F875D98F3.jpeg
26C21058-D696-4B8B-BF10-E04E3E272761.jpeg

kingston-brass-kb36300-parts.jpg

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
So looks like I tug on 25 to get that out as only hold up is o-rings. And with 11 I’m not sure if 12 is an o-ring or not, if it is I definitely need it out. If not an o-ring I would still like it out since I know I’ll likely be slower than a pro and 11 might be plastic. So, grab hold with some needle nose and try to work it out?...

kbrp3631c.jpg

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
I think the diverter can be left in, maybe.
The cartridge I normally remove, then solder and reinstall. I'm more confident that I can remove and reinstall than I am that nothing will happen while soldering.

I got both pieces out by pulling. The plastic piece took a good amount of pull and twist force. When re-inserting these pieces that have o-rings on them is there a lubricant I should apply? I have something in my bag (see attached photo). if this isn’t what I need can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Attachments

• A02BE24A-08B7-4FFE-933C-FAAD298980AB.jpeg
    A02BE24A-08B7-4FFE-933C-FAAD298980AB.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 80