Is there ever an example of a larger lateral pipe causing issues. Better to always go big?

Users who are viewing this thread

stormlight

Reaction score
renderTimingPixel.png

Is there ever a scenario in which if you oversize a lateral line and it can cause issues? (Pressure, etc?)

For example, I have a 6GPM city feed currently. I am putting in a sprinkler system now.

In a year or two I will have a 15-20 GPM or more well system.

Can I put a 1 1/4 lateral pipe in now to support the future well supply even though that is overkill for 6GPM I will have for the next year or two. Any issues?

I dont want to have to put small pipe in now that will work with the 6GPM and then change it when it goes to 15-20GPM

Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
You'll want at lease a 2" pipe for that amount of water you expect. Distance will also impact flow. 1 1/4" is much too small and it'll put a allot of back pressure on the motor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks