I’m so lost… Is this la drain shoe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Imsolost

Reaction score
fixing up an old house and the bathtub looks great other than this drain. I’m very confused at what I’m looking at as I’ve never dealt with tub drains. Ideally I want to fix it up and add hardware.

Is this a shoe that’s been sealed over or is this apart of the tub and I should reseal it?

The crossbeams have been cut, so if I can remove it what would be the best way?

Should I just replace the whole tub or is this fixable?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 38

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It looks like someone painted (or coated) over your tub drain. It'll probably be tough to remove. If you have the underside demo'd out then cut the drain assembly from below, and spin the shoe from the bottom.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree with john, it looks like the tub was painted or "refinished" which never works if its done in place. I agree as well, that your best solution is to cut that drain out and install a new waste and overflow.

Imsolost

Reaction score
It looks like someone painted (or coated) over your tub drain. It'll probably be tough to remove. If you have the underside demo'd out then cut the drain assembly from below, and spin the shoe from the bottom.
Ok, I just needed confirmation this was the drain and not part of the tub lmfao. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks