shower drain leaking (pics attached)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ktp3

Reaction score
Hi everyone. We did a gut reno with new plumbing installation in 2019-2020. Our master bathroom shower drain now seems to be leaking. When we pour water down the drain, I can hear a very slow drip through the walls directly downstairs.

I removed the metal drain cover and plastic filter piece and I've attached some pics of what I'm seeing below. I thought the black piece would be directly connected to a drain pipe, but that does not appear to be the case.

I'm going trying to reach out to our original plumber who did the work on our house, but does anyone have any insights into what I'm looking at here? Any simple ideas for how an amateur could diagnose and fix this problem, or do I have no choice but to pay up and have our plumber get in here? I'm a bit disappointed that a 5 year old shower drain could be leaking already (everything was brand new at the time--water heater, interior water pipes, drainage pipes, even had to dig up the street to replace our pipe running from the water main, as well as our sewer pipe leading out of the house).

IMG_0354.PNG
IMG_0355.PNG
IMG_0356.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks