How to access the mix valve adjustment? Unknown valve set.

Users who are viewing this thread

StevePHL

Reaction score
I have a circa 2003 shower valve set on which I'd like to adjust the temp range. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get the cap/handle off to access the cartridge. There is no set screw and it doesn't seem to want to unscrew (don't want to force it too hard). Any suggestions would be appreciated. The top valve is on-off-pressure. The lower valve is temp mix. I can find no brand info on the fixture.

faucet.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is a Grohe Seabury valve trim. Thermostatic mixing valve on all the time sending water to a volume control / ON/OFF valve

StevePHL

Reaction score
That is a Grohe Seabury valve trim. Thermostatic mixing valve on all the time sending water to a volume control / ON/OFF valve
Thanks. How do I adjust the range? As it is, it only goes from hot to super hot. There is no way to remove the handle that is clear to me.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I found this vague reference. Looks like the small bonnet unthreads to uncover a set screw.

1665177463983.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks