How do I assemble this sink drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Giantsean

Reaction score
Hey All,

I bought a utility sink / vanity combo thing which is interesting enough by itself - it's almost like a little kitchen sink in a vanity. It came with everything including drain hardware, except the faucet... and directions :)

So I'm looking to assemble the assembly and just had some questions as to how to best put it together. If you see the pic you can see all the parts (ignore the actual sink in the pic, I just had better light in the kitchen).

For the main drain, I am assuming the large rubber gasket is sandwiched between the sink and the drain body. Obviously the flange goes over the hole. That leaves the thin foam rubber gasket. It's possible that it goes between the flange and the sink in lieu of putty, but I'm not sure never having seen a drain like this.

For the overflow, there is only one gasket in the overflow body, which again I assume goes behind the hole in the sink and connects to the drain via the white tube. Is it worth putting some putty or silicone between the metal flange and sink before screwing it in?

Thanks for any suggestions!

IMG_20160807_010048657[1].jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks