Hot/Cold Water Handle Question

Users who are viewing this thread

noreast

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm installing a Kohler Devonshire 8" Faucet in my bathroom and while I think I have it right, my wife is claiming otherwise.

One handle was marked "Cold" which I installed on the right, which results in the handle swinging to the wall for the on position. She's saying it should turn in toward the sink.

Is it correct now and if not is it just a matter of the handle being marked incorrectly and should I switch the handles?

Thanks for this great board guys/gals as I'm very close to finishing my first bathroom remodel thanks in large part to the help I've gotten from you fine folks!

George

Wanna Be DIY in Long Island NY

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If changing the index button on the handles fixes the problem, then just do that. Otherewise, you have valves reveresed or the cartridges reversed. Check the install diagrams on the unit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

If the indexing stops are in the handles, then interchanging them will change the rotation. Otherwise there are three other possibilities.
1. remove the spring clip on the stem. Lift the brass stem stop off. Turn it over and slide it back down. It will only fit in one position because of the indexing slot on it.

2. if your stem does not have the clip, remove the stem units and interchange them.

3. Remove the faucet and interchange the two units.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks