Home Water Pressure vs Flow Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

ShortPant

Reaction score
UPDATE: Apparently the Expansion Tank Fairy came last night. I just went through the steps again. Closed the source valve, closed the water heater valve, bled off the water pressure. Checked the tank pressure, and it was about 20 psi. I serviced it up to 70 psi which I have the PRV set at. Checked the tank pressure and it's now 70-ish. Opened all the valves and water pressure and tank pressure are 70 psi +/-.

I don't know what to say. I think I'm done. lol

Reach4

Reaction score
Have a look at the picture. The expansion tank is located in a pretty awkward location above the water heater, and with it's positioning I don't see how it could ever not have water in it.
There is a diaphragm across the tank that separates air and water. If the water pressure is lower than the the air pressure, then the diaphragm will be all of the way up, excluding the water.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Great just a prv! I had one today they had differant issue though no complaints other than noise rumbling a few spots in garage noise continued even after water was not running inside . It was hard to determine exactly positivly that reg was bad. went out on a limb though and nailed it just a prv

ShortPant

Reaction score
Right, Jeff. This was the biggest annoyance I had with this house that I just bought. To think, the previous owners never even looked into why the water flow was lacking. I've been in this house a month and couldn't stand it! I ran the washer this morning and could tell a huge improvement in it's operation as well.

Thanks to all that provided input to this thread!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks