High seat Toilet recommdation

Users who are viewing this thread

Sandfrog

Reaction score
Hi All;

After a knee replacement, I find the 14 1/2-15 seat hight, on my current toilets are too low. These are "builders grade" 10yr old Briggs models. My wife would like to "get better toilets" when we replace them. Any recomendations for a 17 inch or higher seat height would be helpful. Thanks

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I like the Toto Ultramax II in one-piece design. Looks good (as toilets go), is "comfort height", and doesn't clog.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All of the toilets in the Toto line would be a better choice. They range from in the $200 range to over $5k, so the choice then is style and features. I put in Daltons in my mother's home, and have a Carlyle and a Vespin in mine - I liked the skirted look - I think it is easier to keep clean. Many of these are 'comfort' height (~16"), and some are ADA height (barely 1/2" higher or so). The seat adds about 1 to 1-1/2" to the bowl height, which is normally the thing listed. Many of the newest designs are 1.28g toilets. All of mine are older, and are 1.6, which flush much better than the 3.5g builder's grade crap that was there before. Toto's newest flushing system is called dual-cyclone. There are two jets under the rim, angled to swirl around the toilet bowl. Supposed to be quite good. Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world, with factories all over, including in Georgia, USA.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks