Rear exit chair height toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Ikat

Reaction score
When I renovated my bathroom in 2009, there were only four rear exit toilets on the market, none with a bowl height higher than 15”.

I would now like to replace it with a toilet whose bowl height is between 17 & 19”, if a good one exists. Biscuit, modern or contemporary strongly preferred.

I don’t see the point in replacing it with one that is an inch higher

Any recommendations for brands and models would be greatly appreciated.

The folks here were enormously helpful when I renovated.

Thanks!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pro Flo floor mount rear discharge ones we bought recently seem fine. But they all have pressure assist tanks on them. It's probably the best combo out there for good flush and no clogs. They are all ada or comfort height (17"to 19").

Ikat

Reaction score
That sounds right. An early 20th C light manufacturing building was converted to apartments, so the waste pipes are in the wall, and not in the floor. I’m not surprised that options are extremely limited. But all it takes is one good one.

if floor mounted high-performance toilets are modern versions of the standard toilet, I, alas, cannot use one.

If my option is paying more for a higher toilet, or having to use those horrible plastic add-ons as I age, I’d much rather spend cost to buy a higher.

Ikat

Reaction score
When I renovated my bathroom in 2009, there were only four rear exit toilets on the market, none with a bowl height higher than 15”.

I would now like to replace it with a toilet whose bowl height is between 17 & 19”, if a good one exists. Biscuit, modern or contemporary strongly preferred.

I don’t see the point in replacing it with one that is an inch higher

Any recommendations for brands and models would be greatly appreciated.

The folks here were enormously helpful when I renovated.

Thanks!
Anyone know about this 17” toilet, 1000 on MAP?

Kohler Barrington

This seems to get bad reviews, but there aren’t many
Gerber Maxwell ADA

Last edited:

Peterson

Reaction score
Kohler Barrington should do fine. It has a huge trapway and a powerful, pressurized flush. It's also available in Biscuit. It has the trapizoid tank, so depending on how your bathroom is arranged (if one of the sides of the toilet is up against a wall), you would want to decide whether you want a right or left hand trip lever.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Pressure assist Barrington, even at 1 gpf is going to be excellent. P.A. is noisy, but worth it in performance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks