Help with Symmons tub/shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Diane1166

Reaction score
Hi! I'm trying to fix a leaky tub spout but I'm having a problem removing the spindle. I'm learning as I go and have watched many videos on Symmons faucet repair. I don't know the name of the 'nut' that you need to remove because everyone calls it something different, but, it was on really tight so I needed to use a pipe wrench to get it off. So far so good. Now, supposedly, you're supposed to be able to pull the spindle out but it will not come out. It doesn't feel like its stuck, it feels like there is a hard stop when I try to pull it out. By this time it was late so I put it back together to turn the water back on (there isn't a way to turn off the water to the tub so I have to shut the main water valve to the house). Now, the spindle is so tight, it doesn't turn easily at all now. I didn't something wrong, I don't know what. I attached a picture of the spindle with the 'nut' taken off and this is where I am stuck. Any suggestions at all I would be grateful for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks