Symmons 301 Nu-Arm shower head replacement with Symmons Dia retrofit shower column

Users who are viewing this thread

Waher

Reaction score
52gwctiunb2i.jpg

Anyone have the odds or advice on replacing a 1990s Symmons 301 Nu-Arm connected to 1950s threaded brass with a Symmons Dia retrofit shower column https://www.symmons.com/download_asset/?id=35EX_Installation_Guide without having to tear open the wall to deal with crumpled brass or a snapped off elbow? Best case scenario I think I will be able to unscrew the Nu-Arm with a spud wrench wrench to put a new brass nipple into presumably the original brass elbow in the wall to provide the 1/2" of 1/2" threaded pipe necessary to install the shower column. I don't think the original brass was replaced with soldered copper in the 1990s when the bathroom was last renovated, so it should still all threaded connections. I can't turn the head off by hand, so I'm worried the force necessary to rotate it on a 70 year old brass assembly may be more trouble than I'm prepared to deal with if things go sideways.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks