Symmons shower/tub valve - low volume and little hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Phantomracer

Reaction score
Having an issue with the Symmons shower/tub valve (shocking I know) . The volume of water/pressure is low, and the temp does not get very hot.

The diverter (ta-25a) was stuck, so I removed it. it is working now (unrelated but I wanted it fixed)

Removing the shower head, the volume of water does not seem that great, so it is not the shower head. The volume from the tub seems about the same. Temp gets barely warm enough,

the only other part that seems that can be easily replaced is the TA-10 spindle and the hot/cold seats. I have not removed the spindle yet. Could this be a potential source of the problem?

Thanks for any help!

for reference - valve parts

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Definitely it's the cartridge. It could be clogged up with hard water deposits prevent the thermostatic control from correctly working.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If any part has neoprene washers and O-rings, replace them. At the symmons web site has a real nice parts break down if it is your model. The rebuilt kits are in three sections that included everything including the seats. The seats do have o-rings. Danco does have a few parts with o rings only, https://www.danco.com/?s=symmons&post_type=product. I would only go with symmons parts.

temptrol-valve-parts.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks