Help Identifying Well Sump Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

RedRancher

Reaction score
Unfortunately my submersible pump died. Unfortunately the original company that put it in 20 years ago is no longer in business. I still have the original job order which has the details of the job but I cannot for the life of me determine what pump they put in. I've googled all of the internet with no luck. Can someone help me identify my pump this is what is on the job order.

1.5hp T15S410 set 400 feet with poly pipe. Well depth drilled to 600 feet. Casting depth 21 feet. WX250 expansion with 40/50 on/off pressure switch. Franklin 1-1.5hp 230V S.F. Max Amp 8.0/11/5 compatible 3 wire controller

Also am I crazy to try to pull this myself? I am pretty handy and resourceful. My idea is to use a T-handle and pull from the pit-less adaptor with an engine lift. When the poly pipe is exposed I will pull the rest with my truck using an old wheel rim at the well opening as a guide for the pipe to pull out and over.

Thank you in advance,

Don

Reach4

Reaction score
You would want to create some kind of axle for that wheel rim. Better would be the drive wheel rim for a tractor. With automotive tires, maybe you could use two wheels in series, but offset.

I hope these links still work:
pump pulling poly pipe with truck (over 200 ft): indiana I think

part 1
pulling pump part 2
The next video shows the rig better. They were putting the new pump down:
part 3 putting new pump down.

Regarding the pump, not all 1.5 HP pumps are the same. You probably need a 1.5 hp 7 gpm pump. A 1.5 hp 10 gpm pump would not have sufficient lift.

RedRancher

Reaction score
You would want to create some kind of axle for that wheel rim. Better would be the drive wheel rim for a tractor. With automotive tires, maybe you could use two wheels in series, but offset.

I hope these links still work:
pump pulling poly pipe with truck (over 200 ft): indiana I think

part 1
pulling pump part 2
The next video shows the rig better. They were putting the new pump down:
part 3 putting new pump down.

Regarding the pump, not all 1.5 HP pumps are the same. You probably need a 1.5 hp 7 gpm pump. A 1.5 hp 10 gpm pump would not have sufficient lift.

Reach4

Thanks for your reply, funny those images you sent are actually just like what I have in my mind. I just did not know how to explain it but was planning on using 2 rims offset so to not "over" bend the poly pipe.

Again this is all new to me so please excuse my ignorance but did you mean to say a 7 gpm pump would not have sufficient lift while a 10gpm will?

Thanks again, Don

RedRancher

Reaction score
You can make your own pulling equipment. But it would be good if you could find an UpsyDazy to rent.
I've called all around looking to see if anyone has a puller of any type for rent so far I've yet find any. I would rent a puller without a second thought. Just nothing to rent around here.

RedRancher

Reaction score
Oh two more questions for you smarter than me people. Who makes a better submersible pump Franklin or Pentair? I have a fairly new Franklin Control box for a 1-1.5hp 3 wire pump. If I end up going with a 3 wire Pentair will my Franklin Control box be compatible?

Again guys thank you in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Again this is all new to me so please excuse my ignorance but did you mean to say a 7 gpm pump would not have sufficient lift while a 10gpm will?
No. I intended to say the opposite. A 10 gpm 1.5 pump cannot develop the pressure needed to raise your water and provide pressure to your house.

Suppose your well had water 60 ft down. And you were choosing between a 1/2 hp pump rated 10 gpm or 15 gpm. Which would do the job better"
index.php

The 15 gpm pump could not develop enough pressure to give even 50 psi topside. The 10 gpm pump could.

The pump literature generally groups the 7 gpm pumps together , with different HP. So preparing a comparison picture that compares 1.5 hp pumps for different gpm pumps takes some paint work. Do you understand the concept that I am trying to explain?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Oh two more questions for you smarter than me people. Who makes a better submersible pump Franklin or Pentair? I have a fairly new Franklin Control box for a 1-1.5hp 3 wire pump. If I end up going with a 3 wire Pentair will my Franklin Control box be compatible?

Again guys thank you in advance.
The control boxes should be interchangeable. Franklin still makes the best motor. But I don't like Franklin or Pentair pump ends as they are both floating stage design pumps. Grundfos or Goulds pump ends are best. But to get a Grundfos pump with a Franklin motor you will need to purchase them separately and put it together, which isn't hard to do.

RedRancher

Reaction score
No. I intended to say the opposite. A 10 gpm 1.5 pump cannot develop the pressure needed to raise your water and provide pressure to your house.

Suppose your well had water 60 ft down. And you were choosing between a 1/2 hp pump rated 10 gpm or 15 gpm. Which would do the job better"
index.php

The 15 gpm pump could not develop enough pressure to give even 50 psi topside. The 10 gpm pump could.

The pump literature generally groups the 7 gpm pumps together , with different HP. So preparing a comparison picture that compares 1.5 hp pumps for different gpm pumps takes some paint work. Do you understand the concept that I am trying to explain?
I get it now. Pressure versus volume. One goes up the other comes down. Makes sense now. A picture is worth .....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks