Geberit Carrier, can I add a Toto Washlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lily Wang

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Searches (google and here) haven't yielded definitive answers to my topic question above.
I have a Geberit carrier 111.798.00.1 with a Toto Aquia wall hung attached to it.
I'd like to add a Toto Washlet.

From what I've read and what I see in my old construction pics and the Geberit install manual there is an inlet on the left side of the carrier for "Optional washlet water supply stop".

That's about as far as I've gotten in research. There is no info on installation, what fittings are necessary, etc... My pics of the carrier don't show enough detail of that inlet and it's now sitting behind tile, greenboard and 1/2" ply backing. I'll to dig it out when I'm certain it can function for a washlet.

How do I go about with fittings for this inlet that would mate with the Toto Washlet supply tube?
Thank you in advance for all your help!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I personally haven't installed a washlet on a wall hung toilet. But one of our projects early in pandemic did have that setup of geberit carrier and washlet. I'll ask who did the work and how they connected the two. The part in the wall that supplies water to the washlet outlet seems weird to me.

seems like there needs to be a threaded fitting to attatch to.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO uses this shutoff

thu468-04.jpg

1/2" threaded nipple for this to the wall.

thu468-01.jpg

This one somebody had stubbed out with PEX, I had to adapt that.

Lily Wang

Reaction score
Okaay - Just spoke with Geberit and they said this setup would need a Bidet Seat Kit.
Part numbers 249.801.00.1 and 243.173.00.1 (hoses and shutoffs).
They also pdf'd 2 instruction files for the install. I would have uploaded them but this site says they are too big. If anybody is wondering, just give Geberit technical dept. a call and they will send to you. I haven't yet had a chance to review the literature so can't vouch for their instructions. They assured me that it would fit the Toto Washlet.
Thank you guys for the help so far though, I'm hopeful there is a solution as they claim.

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry, does the geberit carrier have a supply pipe in the wall like the toto carrier does? I see they have what they call a conduit.. but I'm not sure if that supplies water or if its meant to feed a water line through.. sometimes things get lost in translation from the germans.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
From the geberit part posted by Lily, it looks like it is indeed a conduit to slide their braided hose down through to a bidet. Looks like it has a splitter that connects after the shut off.

Always funny when they produce videos with some guy in slacks and pattent leather shoes on holding a wrench like it a fine glass of Merlot.

OMG!! At the end of the video he's caulking the toilet to the wall with Liquid Nails!! Yikes!

Lily Wang

Reaction score
After studying Geberit's unappealing images of various shut-off installs, I've decided to go back to Plan A and supply the washlet from the sink next to the toilet. The shroud beneath the sink will hide the fittings. All one will see is a white tube mysteriously disappear behind the shroud. But it's nice to know Geberit gives its consumers some options. Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Lily Wang

Reaction score
Help with my Plan A - supply Toto Washlet from sink cold water supply.
Was going to use GenieBidet's 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/2 T connector.
I'm reading that the Washlet inlet hose's 1/2" O-ring contraption inside the compression nut (is that what it's called?) is proprietary to Toto. This O-ring will mate with their T connector THU6234 (packaged with washlet).
Genie Bidet's 1/2" receiver is too shallow to work with Toto's inlet hose.

Is this true? If so, what other solutions are there?
Thank you!

UPDATE: Attached is my workaround using both Genie Bidet and Toto's T connectors. I'd love feedback on this setup. TIA!

Attachments

• washlet mockup.pdf
    115.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Lily Wang

Reaction score
Update: Successfully installed Toto Washlet using sink water supply line.
Equipment:
GenieBidet's T connector 3/8x3/8x1/2
Toto inlet hose THU9831 (comes with washlet)
3D printed adapter 1/2" NPT male to 1/2" NPT female customized for Toto male hose

I ordered GenieBidet's T connector which doesn't mate well with the Toto hose despite both of them being 1/2" threading. The issue is that GenieBidet does not have enough threads and its interior opening is too large. Toto's male O-ringed hose needs a snug and deep fit. I knew this when ordering the GenieBidet and hoped to find an adapter on the market.
So I took all the parts to several plumbing stores here in NYC. The guys at NY Replacement Parts refused to help me, instead wanted to mansplain how my contractor installed the Geberit wrong because there should be a standard shut-off valve coming out of the wall. They refused to understand that the Geberit is an in-wall system where water is supplied internally and said exposed shut-off valve would have been redundant because it would have supplied NOTHING as the original installation was not designed for a Washlet seat.
The nice folks at New York Plumbing Supply Manhattan tried to assemble several hoses and nipples to bridge the gap between GenieBidet and Toto. But their solution presented too many points for leakage and did not address the tight fit issue so I thought I'd give 3D printing a try.

So I downloaded some 3D 1/2" NPT thread models from McMaster, spent a few hours on Autocad (cuz I'm not a 3D modeler) modifying them to accommodate the Toto, uploaded it to a local 3D printer and held my breath. This is my 2nd 3D print solution for hard to find home improvement pieces so I was somewhat familiar with the outcome - i.e. not exact but OK. I opted for printing in PA12 Glass bead because of its tensile and compressive strengths. It's not flexible but does have some 'give'. The actual item I received felt a bit grainy just like my first 3D print job where I opted for whatever was already in the printer. So I don't know if this Glass bead material is supposed to look and feel slightly grainy.
Because I'm a novice at 3D modeling, I didn't try to shrink the oversized diameter of the GenieBidet opening with a clever O-or cone ring on my adapter. I ended up packing three 1/2" OD washers in the GenieBidet with a final 9/16" washer capping off the group. I used 1/4 flat washers by Danco. For others trying this, I would suggest four 17/32" OD washers adhesived together. 3 washers is deeper than the GenieBidet but my adapter is deeper than GenieBidet's and I needed to fill the resulting void with the 4th washer.
Wrapped some teflon tape around all the threads, stuck them together and WOW, it works.
The 3D model still needs some tweaking - I had to take a utility knife to score away a few starter threads on the Toto side and the Toto 'snug' fit was a bit too snug so I ought to shave 1/64ths diameter off the 3D model. I also think a hex shape is not right for this application - twistable ears are probably the way to go (see the smoothed scuff mark left by my tool on the installed pic).
Maybe there are better solutions out there but for those who are stuck like I was, please feel free to email me for info about my 3D adapter - lhw6@columbia.edu.
adapter collection copy.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've never 3D printed anything.. but on things that I have seen, i've never seen threads on them that would make a good seal. But after reading the descripton the seal is made by gaskets.

Kudos for inventiveness! I really hope that printed piece is up to holding water pressure!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks