Frost free stem stuck at end

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Dogs_rule, Aug 1, 2020 at 7:23 AM.

1. Dogs_rule

Dogs_rule New Member

im trying to repair the drip in my Emco Frost Free outdoor tap. I’ve managed to get the nut off that holds the stem to the body of the tap but when I go to pull out the stem it get stuck right at the end and won’t pull out of the tap. I tried to squeeze needle nose plyers in there to squish any old rubber thing but it’s too narrow with the stem rod. Even put the handle back on it to give it a stronger yank. Nothing nudges. Any other options?

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Most of the time, I'm opening up the wall behind and replacing the entire frostfree faucet.
    I have never even seen that brand before. And it looks abnormally long.

Dogs_rule and Sylvan like this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Dogs_rule and Sylvan like this.