Frost-Free Spigot Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Tab1011

Reaction score
Need some advice. I went to replace my frost-free spigot and when I went to turn outside it just spun. At the time I did not have inside access, now I do and have attached a photo. I see CPVC to an elbow with an adapter I believe.

Is my best option to cut above the elbow use a coupler and a new elbow and adapter? Or a slip adapter to a new elbow? It feels like the builder did this wrong but I am no expert. Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm surprised it didn't ruin the pipe when you did that. Sometimes we do have to cut and redo piping on frostfree replacements.
I always plan for it just in case. If it's easier to replace the 90, then do what you have parts for and the patience for.

On a replacement, we always need access to where the pipe joins the pipe. Well, unless it's an odd one that someone added backing and a nipple that allows spinning off without backing with a wrench. I don't know if they do that though until I open the wall anyway.

Tab1011

Reaction score
I assumed when the spigot turns and that brass nut spin I broke it the glue or possibly cracked the elbow?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks