Flushometer residential use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Piperca

Reaction score
We're remodeling our bathroom. Got her down to the studs, removed a wall, vaulted the ceiling and ready to start work. I need to relocate some plumbing under the slab, but, before I do, the wife hit me up with an unusual request. She'd like to see a Flushometer valve toilet in the bathroom. Does anyone have any experience with this type of toilet in a residential environment?

I'm looking at a Toto TMT1NNC valve. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Unless you have an expansion tank to hold the volume of water needed for the flush, pipe with a 1" line to the valve, it won't work.

Commercial buildings often have 2" water meters and mains.
Of which, they branch off with 1" for each flushometer.

Most of the time, it's just a disaster in a home situation.
You are much better off getting a toilet with a tank.

flushometer-toilet-wa-2.jpg

Last edited:

Piperca

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry, I'll let her know what the pros think, she won't take it from me ... LOL!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks