Wall mount toilet to existing closet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabee0

Reaction score
I am stripping a bathroom down to the studs for remodel. I can add framing for a wall hung toilet and was curious if I build over the existing closet flange can I connect the wall mount discharge into the closet flange. This would be the best option for adding a wall mount as the bath is on a slab so the closet flange would be a bit of work to remove since I would have to cut the slab back to the stack to remove the plumbing.
A wall mount is preferable since we want to convert the bath to a wetroom type with an open shower stall. the new wall would allow me to turn the toilet 90 degrees and block any water from the shower plus provide more room for the toilet (currently it is too close to the shower door and constantly hit the shower door with elbow).
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks