Fluidmaster or Korky Replacement Parts?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by vlee99, Apr 20, 2010.

  1. vlee99

    vlee99 New Member

    Apr 9, 2010
    So. Cal
    Anyone have a preferance on brand, Fluidmasters or Korky, to replace the toilet valve and flapper?
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    A generic valve may not have the ability to properly refill the tank and bowl without either shorting one or the other, or wasting water down the drain.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Almost ALL fill valves are "generic". Most are either made by Fluidmaster, such as Kohler, or Coast for everyone else. I use the Fluidmaster exclusively, except for "lowboy one piece" units. I use Korky flappers for ALL replacements.
  5. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Some toilets with low tanks will take a Korky 528.
    I use both the Fluidmaster and the Korky, depending on which brand I'm working on.
    They both work pretty well in a generic situation.

    The Korky tends to overfill the bowl less.
Similar Threads: Fluidmaster Korky
Forum Title Date
Toilet Forum discussions Simple installation of toilet fill valve, either Korky or fluidmaster Jul 23, 2013
Toilet Forum discussions Fluidmaster vs Korky fill valves Feb 1, 2012
Toilet Forum discussions Problem with FluidMaster Valve - Did I make a purchase mistake? Aug 30, 2017
Toilet Forum discussions Fluidmaster 5403 Flapper: Any difference between red or green unit? Feb 26, 2017
Toilet Forum discussions Fluidmaster7500 vs 7530 Jan 27, 2016

Share This Page