fleck 5600 PH neutralizer valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

dan_k

Reaction score
The main piston in my fleck 5600 PH neutralizing tank has developed defects that allow water to leak into the drain port during normal operation. I have searched extensively and can't find the replacement piston (60102-52) as it has been discontinued. Short of installing a solenoid on the drain line with a switch to open it during regen I would like to find some kind of replacement piston. I have considered purchasing a 60102-10/20 valve to try and retrofit the piston with one of those so I don't have to replace the entire unit. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding if this is possible? I know the piston assembly is different with the rod connection but are the actual pistons compatible and can I swap pistons?

thanks in advance

Dan

Reach4

Reaction score
By pH neutralizing, I suspect you are using calcite.

See https://www.softenerparts.com/fp60102-52.htm tho you may have already been there.

If your tank is 12 inch or more diameter, you might want to choose a different valve that can backwash at a higher rate.

dan_k

Reaction score
yes, I use calcite and yes I have been reviewing the site you mentioned. thanks. if I could get the same piston I would be happy but settling on something that will work. I'm just not certain any other piston will function properly since they have different profiles. The piston that visually looks closest is the 60102-20 but they warn about not using that for calcite so I'm not sure. Hoping to find and expert here or someone that actually has the correct piston. I drew one up and printed something close but I'm not confident it would hold up or how to attach to the piston rod.

thanks

Bannerman

Reaction score
Assuming the 5600 controller is the mechanical timer version, I suspect the correct rebuild kit may be this one: https://www.softenerparts.com/fp56pskitbackwash.htm

You only mention replacing the piston. Is the Teflon coating scratched or flaking? Most often, a rebuild will only require new seals, spacers & O-rings, unless there is a visible defect with the piston.

dan_k

Reaction score
yes, the piston itself is damaged. I tried replacing the seals for a stop gap but the leak into the drain continues. The kit you linked is for the -10, mine is the -52 so i'm not sure how it will respond but I might try it anyhow. The biggest difference between my piston assembly and the linked one is the metal attachment point at the top where it connects to the timer gear, they are very different and I'm not sure why, as you can see in the link
https://www.softenerparts.com/fp60102-52.htm

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks