Faucet Aerator purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry_T

Reaction score
Hi -

I'm trying to replace the faucet aerators in my Moen faucets. I just want to replace the plastic aerator, and not the ring which holds the insert into the faucet. I called Moen, and all they sell is the complet kit with ring and insert. It was a "marketing decision" the person said.

It seems like somebody should sell just the insert, but I've searched online for hours, as well as gone to some of the local big box stores, and none have only the inserts. Everyone wants to sell the complete kit.

Any ideas where to find these? It doesn't seem that it should be this hard to find these items or that I should need to spend the extra money for something I don't need.

Thanks.

Larry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If they are just limed up, have you tried soaking them in vinegar overnight? Or CLR, or similar solutions? You might be surprised...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
aerator

Aerators are not generic, so the inserts may have to be specific to yours. Buy the entire unit and then take the insides out of it, if you really love your body. It will probably cost the same anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks