Exposed supply pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Happy Holiday everyone!

In a bathroom with a pedestal sink, is there a code provisiona gainst the supply lines coming out of the floor?

Common sense tells me it's not a good idea as the unprotected pipes could be accidentaly kicked or hit, but I can't seem to find any code paragraph that prohibits it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In some places they run the supplies from the floor and keep them out of the wall because of worries that they will freeze in the wall.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A clawfoot tub will often have them coming out of the floor, and sometimes a toilet will be plumbed that way to for their supplies. You can typically find chrome plated pipe for that, other finishes are available, but harder to find.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
A lot of claw type tubs from the early 1900's have the piping exposed and a lot of toilets and sinks have the piping exposed as well as risers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks