Eljer Patrician Flush Valve Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

SortaHandy

Reaction score
Have Eljer Patrician that need a very minor part to keep working. It has the original brass flush valve and all gaskets, O-rings, flapper, etc., are working fine. However, the rubber disk that presses on the plastic seat in the valve, to shut off the water is 40 years old and hard, so the water doesn't always shut off properly, causing it to run into the overflow tube.

The question is whether this simple rubber disk that fits into the end of the brass plunger part is available. Would like to get a few in the right diameter and thickness, rather than trying to properly cut my own.

If anyone know a source, I would appreciate it.

Thx.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The ballcock diaphram kit for item #3 for the Patrician is still available # 55214. Coast will only sell complete valves due to product liability.

Individual top assembly and repair valve kits will no longer be offered by Coast Products USA due to product liability from improper installation and the integrity of the valve being compromised as originally designed. Our products are assembled under strict compliance standards and quality control in our manufacturing plant. We will continue to offer American made factory original replacement valves as a complete assembly. We want to thank you for your business and continued support of Coast Products USA and sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.

1656496389042.png

1656495952034.png

1656495981126.png

SortaHandy

Reaction score
Replacing a perfectly good brass valve with a plastic one just to replace a small, push-in rubber disk seems like a sort of ridiculous solution. All I am after is a circular piece of rubber.

So far, I believe the best solution is to purchase a piece of rubber matting of the correct thickness and a circular leather punch of the correct diameter. If I can source those two things, I will post. Maybe I can cut a bunch of them and provide to others who might need.

If anyone has another solution, let me know.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This site has a plunger rebuild. I've never worked with them so I cannot "Recomend" them.

Your valve # is 77E. I'll try to send the factory part number for the complete plunger assy Tuesday. The manufacturer is out of stock for these at this time. I have about 20 of these.

SortaHandy

Reaction score
This site has a plunger rebuild. I've never worked with them so I cannot "Recomend" them.

Your valve # is 77E. I'll try to send the factory part number for the complete plunger assy Tuesday. The manufacturer is out of stock for these at this time. I have about 20 of these.

SortaHandy

Reaction score
I have resolved the current issue with a 5/8" hole punch and a piece of 1/8" thick neoprene scrap that I had. However, I wouldn't mind having one of your complete plungers as a spare.

BTW - This is a piece of cake in comparison to finding parts for a 40 year old Villeroy and Bach toilet that is part of a complete bath (toilet, sink and tub) in a color they called Carneol. Fortunately, a supervisor dug up two compete valves in a warehouse in Germany and sent both to me free of charge. To me, those are worth their weight in gold. Sometimes you just luck out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks