Efficiency of the Drake 4.8 tank

Users who are viewing this thread

hamtyl

Reaction score
Based on the positive comments posted here, I went out yesterday and purchased the Drake C743E#01 (made in China). The tank was ST743E#01 (made in Mexico), the 4.8-liter, not the 6-litre I was expecting.

Will the smaller tank flush as well as the bigger one, expecially for heavy loads?
Does Toto still provide the 6-litre tank for the Drake?
If not, can I substite a tank from another Toto model?
If I were to order a 6-liter lined tank, would the reduction in volume take it down to less than 5 liters?

Lee

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I sounds like you are still thinking more water is required for a decent flush. While many famous brands are still struggling to make 1.6 gallons work, the superior design of the Toto toilets means you can get a quality flush with less water. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Eco Drake has been working fine.

If you want more then the 4.8 liters, you can either hold the handle down a bit, or remove the weight.

I don't see anyone out there bothering to remove the weight though, and I'm selling a ton of them.

dunstergirl

Reaction score
The toilet I just installed is the 4.8 Drake, and (apart from hairline crack in tank) we are thrilled with it, sucks everything down even under less than ideal circumstances. Because of the crack we wait until a flush is needed, turn on the water to the tank, let it fill, flush, then turn off the water, flush/open flush valve again to let as much water out of the tank as possible (you can easily get two full flushes with a full tank and no water coming in), then start again. This also means there is almost no water in the bowl when we are using it, and even that has not been an issue.

I'm extremely happy with it but of course I'm upgrading from a 17+ year old supposed "low flow" that hasn't flushed well for a decade...

Reaction score
Based on the positive comments posted here, I went out yesterday and purchased the Drake C743E#01 (made in China). The tank was ST743E#01 (made in Mexico), the 4.8-liter, not the 6-litre I was expecting.

Will the smaller tank flush as well as the bigger one, expecially for heavy loads?
Does Toto still provide the 6-litre tank for the Drake?
If not, can I substite a tank from another Toto model?
If I were to order a 6-liter lined tank, would the reduction in volume take it down to less than 5 liters?

From what I've read here all that really changes in the Drake going from 1.6 to 1.28 gpf is the flapper. A 1.28 can be converted to a 1.6 gpf by modifying the flapper.

As for how well the smaller flush volume works. I've had three installed for three months, no problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks