Orange color on inside of TOTO drake

Users who are viewing this thread

dcp

Reaction score
Just bought 2 new Toto Drake CST744S#01 toilets based the great info from this forum and the first arrived today. It's in good shape as far as I can tell, no cracks, and trapway feels smooth. The only weird thing I noticed is this orange color on parts of the inside of the tank. I called Toto about this and they said it was nothing to worry about, it's just part of the kiln process. Just want to make sure the experts here agree. Picture is shown below. The toilet was made in Mexico.

One other question, if I ever need to replace the fill valve, can I just get one of those Korky kind with the flapper, or is there some other type I need?

toilet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It think it's just the ceramic underneath that the coat of glazing didn't cover. I don't think it's a big deal. Porcelain is pretty dense, so it shouldn't be an issue, but I'm open to correction!?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks