Drain Vent placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Dasadler

Reaction score
Hello all, new member here. I live in Southern California.

We are going to have a bathroom moved from one interior part of the house to another part which will be against an outside wall.

It was suggested that sink, shower, and toilet drains can be vented out the wall instead of through the roof.

Does that sound right? If not, why not? (so I can make a convincing case)

Thanks you,
Don

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Only vent I know of through a wall is the fresh air inlet and the vent terminal is through the roof

Asktom

Reaction score
Through the roof, that is the code. Actually, it could be run through the wall (at a 45 angle or 42" above the floor if a 90 is used), but you would need to then turn it up and run above the edge of the roof.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unless you live in the Boonies it is against code people do not want to look at those nesty old pipes,
I haven't seen any in So. CA. since back in the old days of the 70's on really old houses that were never built with in door plumbing,
this is a building code Issue

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks